Towson University theatre and dramatic clubs records
Scope and Contents
The Towson University theatre and dramatic clubs records which date from 1923-1965 contains programs for various theater productions as well as an early club constitution and a history of the organizations.
- Creation: 1948-1965, undated
- The Glen Players (Organization)
- Thespian Dramatic Club (Organization)
- Dramatic Club (Organization)
- Little Theatre Guild (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on access. This collection is open to the public.
Conditions Governing Use
Towson University Special Collections and University Archives (SCUA) is the owner of the original materials and digitized images in our collections; however, the collection may contain materials for which copyright is not held. Patrons are responsible for determining the appropriate use or reuse of materials. Consult with SCUA to determine if we can provide permission for use.
Biographical / Historical
Inspired by the Little Theatre Movement, students began the Thespian Club at the Maryland State Normal School in 1924. This dramatic club would go through various name changes until becoming The Glen Players in 1949, when the school was the State Teachers College at Towson. These students used the Glen during warm weather months to stage productions and otherwise used Stephens Hall auditorium, as previous clubs had done.
1.5 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
- Guide to the Towson University theatre and dramatic clubs records
- John Esh
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description