Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2

Baltimore Teachers' Training School collection

 Collection
Identifier: MSS-0001
Overview The Baltimore Teachers’ Training School opened on January 5, 1901 at the corner of Lafayette Square and Greene Street in Baltimore City. It was established by the Baltimore City Board of School Commissioners in response to a call for educational reform. This collection contains correspondence regarding the 1924 merger of the Baltimore Teachers’ Training School with the Maryland State Normal School in, information about student life and activities, and official student records.
Dates: 1908-1973

Lida Lee Tall records

 Record Group
Identifier: 001-001-007
Overview Lida Lee Tall served as Principal of the Maryland State Normal School from 1920 to 1934. After the merge with the Baltimore Teacher's Training School and name change to the State Teacher’s College at Towson, she continued to oversee the school and served as President until 1938. These records which date from 1896 to 1942 contain personal items, official correspondence, school reports, items relating to Tall’s retirement celebration, memorial service programs, and notebooks relating to various...
Dates: 1896-1942, undated