Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Overview The Baltimore Teachers’ Training School opened on January 5, 1901 at the corner of Lafayette Square and Greene Street in Baltimore City. It was established by the Baltimore City Board of School Commissioners in response to a call for educational reform. This collection contains correspondence regarding the 1924 merger of the Baltimore Teachers’ Training School with the Maryland State Normal School in, information about student life and activities, and official student records.
Overview The Lida Lee Tall School (originally named The Model School) was primarily used as a campus demonstration elementary to help train teachers in the Maryland State Normal School. It was established with the act of 1865 by the General Assembly of Maryland which provided for a “uniform system of free public schools for the State of Maryland.” That same act stipulated that the State Superintendent create a model primary and grammar school. The Lida Lee Tall School, which was later referred to as the...
Dates: circa 1919 - 1992
- Subject: Teachers -- Training of -- Maryland -- Baltimore X