Maryland. State Board of Education
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
The Baltimore Teachers’ Training School opened on January 5, 1901 at the corner of Lafayette Square and Greene Street in Baltimore City. It was established by the Baltimore City Board of School Commissioners in response to a call for educational reform. This collection contains correspondence regarding the 1924 merger of the Baltimore Teachers’ Training School with the Maryland State Normal School in, information about student life and activities, and official student records.
This collection includes the activities of the 1910-1915 MSNS Building Commission including the Commission’s minutes, Commission reports to Maryland General Assembly and the Public, correspondences, legal documents, financial records and statements, and miscellaneous items that relate to the MSNS’ move to Towson and the dedication of the new campus.