Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 35
Overview The Baltimore Teachers’ Training School opened on January 5, 1901 at the corner of Lafayette Square and Greene Street in Baltimore City. It was established by the Baltimore City Board of School Commissioners in response to a call for educational reform. This collection contains correspondence regarding the 1924 merger of the Baltimore Teachers’ Training School with the Maryland State Normal School in, information about student life and activities, and official student records.
Overview In 1963, after a comprehensive reorganization of public higher education in Maryland was undertaken, Governor John Millard Tawes appointed the new Board of Trustees of the State Colleges (later renamed the Board of Trustees of the State Universities and Colleges) for higher education under the provisions of Chapter 41 of the Laws of Maryland. The five state colleges to be overseen by the newly appointed Board were those of Bowie, Coppin, Frostburg, Salisbury, and Towson, with Morgan State...
Dates: 1963 - 1988
Overview Robert L. Caret was President of Towson University from 2003 to 2011. This collection which dates from 2003 to 2006 contains correspondence to and from Caret during this period of time.
Scope and Contents Click to explore Towson University course catalogs.
Dates: 1866 - 2019
Overview Joseph W. Cox was acting President of Towson State University from 1978 to 1979. These records are comprised of correspondence to and from Cox during his tenure.
Dates: 1978-1979, undated
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of correspondence, minutes, reports, programs, announcements, and other material related to the governance and events created by the College of Fine Arts and Communication.
Dates: 1866 - present
Overview Music was one of the first classes taught to students at the Maryland State Normal School, predecessor of Towson University, when it opened its doors in 1866. The focus of the program was primarily on offering education for classroom instruction. Later, music appreciation as well as instruction in the form of vocal and instrumental lessons were added. By 1961, the State Teachers College at Towson offered a Bachelor in Liberal Arts with a Music concentration and two years later, after the school...
Dates: 1866 - 2003
Overview Robert L. Ehrlich, Jr. was the 60th governor of Maryland in from 2003 to 2007., with Michael S. Steele as his lieutenant governor, and served from 2003 to 2007. The collection contains materials spanning Bob Ehrlich's career in public office. It is chiefly composed of documents, photographs, and videos from 1987 to present, including letters to constituents, newspaper clippings, and televised news reports relating to his political work. The collection also includes a variety of trophies and...
Dates: 1987 - 2006; 1992 - 2006
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of minutes from the Faculty Meetings, either handwritten in bound notebooks, or typed. The typed minutes from the 1928 through the 1934 meetings have two copies -- one copy is bound, the other is not. The unbound copies are organized in folders. The minutes span from September 1901 until September 1968.
Dates: 1891 - 1968
Scope and Contents This collection contains the recorded minutes of the Faculty Senate; correspondence, reports, special committees, newspaper clippings and various other documents pertaining to the Faculty Senate of the State Colleges of Maryland.
Dates: 1969 - 1974
- Subject: Maryland X
- Maryland State Normal School (Towson, MD) 9
- Towson State University 4
- Towson State College 3
- Hawkins, Earle Taylor, 1903 - 1972 2
- Maryland State Normal School . Faculty 2
- Tall, Lida Lee, 1873-1942 2
- Baltimore Teachers Training School (Baltimore, MD) 1
- Brown, Anthony G., Lieutenant Governor (Anthony G. Brown) 1
- Caret, Robert L., 1947 - 1
- Cox, Joseph W. (Joseph William), 1937- 1
- Ehrlich, Bob, Jr., Governor of Maryland (2004-2007), 1957- 1
- Fisher, James Lee, 1931 - 1
- Hartje, Elizabeth 1
- Haslup, Charles 1
- Newell, McFadden Alexander, 1824 - 1894 1
- Perkins, Mark L., 1949 - 1
- Prettyman, Elijah Barrett, 1830 - 1907 1
- Richmond, Sarah Elizabeth, 1843 - 1921 1
- Smith, Hoke L., 1931 - 2004 1
- State Teachers College at Towson. Administrators 1
- State Teachers College at Towson. Faculty 1
- Towson State University. Administrators 1
- Towson University. Administrators 1
- Van Bokkelen, Libertus, 1815-1889 1
- Ward, George Washington, 1867 - 1932 1
- West, Henry Skinner, 1870 - 1961 1
- Wiedefeld, Mary Theresa, Dr., 1886-1983 1
- Young, Patrick, Jr. (Patrick Young) 1 ∧ less